Tuesday, April 18, 2006

So I have been traveling pretty much non-stop since I got here so I am taking a couple day's just to hang around Emily's to give my legs a rest. I knew that there would be alot of walking, but I never would have expected the ammount that I have done already. To give a rough estimate, you all know where I live, I walk on average to the river and back. Now that I am back in London I am doing alot less walking because they actually have a functioning transit system here, unlike Saskatoon I am finding.

I have had some time to think about my trip to Budapest, I had fun while out there, spent an entire day at the mineral baths, got a massage, took a day off really and lounged in the pools. The one that we went to was the largest in Budapest, and we spent half the day there and didn't see everything. Don't really want to get into great detail about it, but if you like art and architechture then you will love Budapest. There are more museums there then we had time to go see, and the buildings there are fantastic. Every one of them has added design to it, statues coming out the side and stone murals set in them, they look fantastic. There was alot of parks there as well, we went a bit early in the season so things were just starting to bud, but later in the season or mid summer it would be geourgeous.

I have finished my first book out here, I brought Neil Gaiman's new book to read then forgot it in London for my Scotland trip so I bought one in the airport. Yes I know I cracked and bought the Davinci Code. Was a fun read, but having read "the holy blood and the holy grail" I like that one better but was a harder read. Having traveled in the underground here a bit I recognized some of the names of the stations from "Neverwhere" (another Neil Gaiman book), so I picked that one up and am going to read it again, think it will be fun traveling the city seeing the stations in the book.

Tomorow I head out and start traveling London and seeing the sites here, so will have some more updates in a few as they come to me.

Miss you all and hope things are going as well for you as they are for me...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good to hear you're well my friend!

Bob asked me to ask you if you could find some "Elevenses" while in England. She tells me they are like a granola bar, or something. Another treat that would fit easily in your gear would be a couple of packs of different flavored "Aquadrops." Tasty candies!

Have fun. When are you back?

we miss you!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home