Sunday, April 02, 2006

So I think that I have discovered what is THE number one hazard to north american travelers in Europe is... The roads... now you all are thinking "but we know they drive on the other side of the road", and you are correct there, BUT there are certain habits that we have from childhood that can get you killed out here. Let me tell you what that habit is, it is checking the road for oncoming cars when you are ready to bolt out and j-walk. Why is that a bad habit that is going to get you killed out here, cause when we are getting ready to go, we first look left to check the first lane of traffic coming to us, even step out a little, so while you step out and look left, and don't see the cars coming, it is cause it is coming from the right to take you out from behind. I don't know how many times I have done that so far, but I am now only using crosswalk's and waiting for the little green dude to tell me its ok (my mom will be so proud). There is one saving grace out here for us stupid travelers, at all of the crosswalks in London, painted on the ground it says "Look Left" or "Look Right", so while I am in london I am staring at the ground for it to tell me where to go.

So I am writing this in the hostel in Scotland, if I look out the window I can see the castle. The hostel is right on high street so I don't have that far to go to see everything. Tomorow morning I leave on my tour of Scotland so will not be able to write in here, but I am sure I will have something to post when I get back.

Hope the weather is nice for you all at home, it has been your standard UK weather out here, damp, cloudy, misty... But still about 5-10 degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home